Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Why I [probably] won't be getting into SWTOR.

SWTOR = Star Wars: The Old Republic, an MMO put out by BioWare.

It looks cool. It looks like they've taken a lot of the stuff that frustrated me in World of Warcraft and adjusted it.

But the biggest problem? I'm effectively a morning person.

Let's ignore the fact that I'm going to hate higher level content - the number of times I can run the same dungeon is between 3-5; and the idea of doing it just for a random loot drop doesn't thrill me, the real reason is that I'm a morning person.

That means that there are only rare occasions that I'd be gaming with friends - cause frankly most of them like to start their groups/raids when I'm going to bed - on WoW I could go a week or two of logging in daily, but seeing only one or two other friends playing.

And really - that's what it is all about if I'm going to pay a monthly fee to play - another avenue to interact and play with friends. Alas, my friends are signing on as I'm going to bed.

Thus, why I [probably] won't be buying it. Though I do have my moments of weakness.

No comments:

Post a Comment